Welcome to the Rocketry portion of the Kansas STEM Website. Here you will find information about the Kansas STEM Rocketry Project including forms for the Kansas State Fair and other materials to help as you prepare for your county or the state fair.
State Fair Forms (2021):
- Rocketry Exhibit Form (PDF) (Can be filled out and printed)
- High & Mid-Power Rocketry Exhibit Form (PDF)
- Rocketry Judging Form (PDF)
- Fin Alignment Guide (5 Fins) (PDF)
- Fin Alignment Guide (4 Fins) (PDF)
- Fin Alignment Guide (3 Fins) (PDF)
- STEM Educational Display, Notebook, and Poster Score Sheet (PDF) ****
- STEM State Fair Video Showcase Release (PDF)
- State Fair Rules (External Link)
**** Posters, Display Boards, & Notebooks, No additional exhibit information is required; no manila envelope is needed for these exhibits. All other exhibits need the additional information included in a manila envelope. All other exhibits need the additional information included in a manila envelope. Displays, notebooks and posters have been combined into one score sheet for all divisions. There will be no robotics challenge in 2019. The GPS/GIS program has been suspended and youth are encouraged to integrate GPS/GIS activities into other Kansas 4-H projects. An example would be using GPS/GIS in conjunction with the UAS program for mapping invasive species.
Microsoft Word documents of these files are available by using the contact page to request documents in that version.
Documents in PDF format can be opened using a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be obtained from: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
If using the Firefox web browser, PDF’s may not have fallible fields present, please either save the file or open in a different browser.
- Choosing your first rocket for the fair
- Rocketry Crib Sheet
- Build your own altitude tracker
- FAR/AIM Title 14 Title I Subchapter F Part 101 Sub Part C Amature Rockets (External Link)
- National Association of Rocketry (NAR) (External Link)
- National Association of Rocketry (NAR) Model Rocket Safety Code (NAR Website)
- National Association of Rocketry (NAR) Model Rocket Safety Code (Local Copy)
Reasonably priced materials are available for every project in Kansas 4-H. You can order the materials for your project online or contact your local Extension Office.
- Pre-Flight (ages 7-9)
- Lift Off (ages 9-11)
- Reaching New Heights (ages 12-14)
- Pilot in Command (ages 15+)
- Aerospace Adventures: CD
- Out of this World Rocketry (Oklahoma State)
- Rockets Away (Ohio State)